Back to map
Townland of Shanballymore
- Parish: Addergoole
- Barony: Dunmore
- Electoral Division: Addergoole
- Poor Law Union: Tuam
Griffith's Valuation (1855)
Michael Ronan held a tenancy from Richard Kirwan - 4. House, office and land (22a 0r 31p).
John Ronan held two tenancies from Richard Kirwan - 11. House, offices and land (25a 3r 3p), 12. Office and land (38a 1r 34p)
Patrick Ronan held a tenancy from Richard Kirwan - 16. House and land (12a 3r 2p).
House No. 13
Thomas Ronan, Farmer, aged 60.
Wife: Bridget, aged 55 - 2 children:
- Margaret, Farmer's Daughter, aged 19.
- Martin, Farmer's Son, aged 16.
House No. 17
Patrick Ronan, Farmer, aged 62.
Widower - 6 children:
- Martin, Farmer's Son, aged 28.
- Patrick, Farmer's Son, aged 19.
- Bridget, Farmer's Daughter, aged 14.
- Michael, Scholar, aged 11.
- Mary, Scholar, aged 9.
- Thomas, Scholar, aged 7.
House No. 26
Martin Ronan, Farmer, aged 50.
Wife: Sarah, aged 40. Her place of birth is Co. Roscommon. 9 children:
- Michael, Farmer's Son, aged 26.
- Martin, Farmer's Son, aged 24.
- Thomas, Farmer's Son, aged 22.
- Bridget, Farmer's Daughter, aged 16. Migration Record #2
- Mary, Farmer's Daughter, aged 14. Migration Record #1
- Patrick, Scholar, aged 11.
- John, Scholar, aged 8.
- Winfred, Scholar, aged 4.
- Sarah, aged 2. Migration Record #3
House No. 6
Thomas Ronan, Retired Farmer and Widower, aged 79, is listed as a boarder in the return of Patrick & Kate Diskin.
House No. 13
Patrick Ronan, Farmer, aged 73.
Widower. (Partly erased: Married 38 years, 8 children all still living)
- Michael, Farmer's Son, aged 24.
- Mary, aged 20.
- Thomas, Farmer's Son, aged 18.
House No. 17
Michael Ronayne, Farmer, aged 52. (See house no. 17, 1901 Census, in Cloondergan
Wife: Katherine, aged 41. Her place of birth is Co. Roscommon.
Married 4 years - 3 children:
- Mary Julia, Scholar, aged 4.
- Thomas, aged 3.
- Kathleen, aged 2.
House No. 22
Martin Ronan, Farmer, aged 72.
Wife: Sarah Ronan, aged 72. Her place of birth is Co. Mayo.
Married 44 years - 9 children all living including:
- Michael, Farmer's Son, aged 40.
- John, Farmer's Son, aged 17.
- Sarah, aged 16. Migration Record #3
This is speculative and based on an Ancestry.com post by FJ Boland (House no. 26 in 1901 and house no. 22 in 1911).
Martin Ronan + Sarah Mullarkey
- Martin b. 26/12/1875 + Sarah Hett b. 1878 m. 21/10/1903 (Chicago)
- Martin b. 1904
- Loretta b. 1907
- Thomas Francis b. 1908 + Sarah Mullarkey (Ireland)
- Had 10 children
- Winifred b.24/5/1911 d.29/5/1911 (Source FamilySearch.org)
- Sarah b.24/5/1911 d.27/5/1911 (Source FamilySearch.org)
- Margaret b. 1881 + John Minogue b. 1877 m. 17/11/1905 (Chicago)
- John b. 3/12/1906 d. 23/12/1938
- Female 29/10/1912
- Ann Rita b. 15/9/1922 ??
- Delia (Bridget) b. 25/12/1895 Emigrated to U.S.
- Mary Agnes b. 1877 + John Rooney Chicago
- Mary b. 12/2/1922
- 4 other children
- Sarah b. 1898 Emigrated to U.S.
Back to map
16/05/1908 Mary Ronan (20), Dunmore to brother, Martin Ronan, 5119 Aberdeen St, Chicago. Father: Martin Ronan, Shanballymore, Dunmore
12/04/1913 Delia Ronan (25), Dunmore, to sister Mary, 1424 east 51 st Chicago. Father: Martin, Shanballymore. In US before, 5 yrs Chicago
12/07/1920 Sarah Ronayne (21), Dunmore, to sister, Mary Ronayne, 5484 Everett Ave., Chicago, Ill. Father: Martin Ronayne, Shanballymore, Dunmore
22/08/1921 Sara Delia Ronan (17), Dunmore, to cousin, John Swanick, 132 Catherine St., Elizabeth NJ. Father: Michael Ronan, Shanballymore, Dunmore, Co. Galway
09/11/1924 Sarah Ronan (20) (Ronayne crossed out), Shanballymore, to cousin, Thomas Swanick, 710 Jackson Ave, Elizabeth, NJ. (travelling with Mary Swanick, cousin). Father Mr. Ronayne, Shanballymore