Back to map
Townland of Kinnakinelly (aka Kinakinelly)
- Parish: Addergoole
- Barony: Dunmore
- Electoral Division: Addergoole
- Poor Law Union: Tuam
Griffith's Valuation (1855)
Roger Ronan was a tenant of Francis Fitzgerald - 38. House, offices and land (12a 0r 26p), 39. Land (9a 2r 27p), 40. Land (20a 2r 34p).
Thomas Ronan was a tenant of Francis Fitzgerald - 42. House, offices and land (48a 2r 16p).
Michael Ronan shared a tenancy with 4 others from Francis Fitzgerald - 50d. House, offices and land (49a 2r 31p total size).
Luke Ronayne, Farmer, aged 60.
Wife: Kate, aged 60 - 2 children listed:
- Michael, Farmer's Son, aged 33.
Wife: Catherine, aged 21.
- Kate, aged 20.
Catherine Ronayne, Farmer, aged 75, Widow.
Michael Ronayne, Farmer's Son, aged 48.
Catherine Ronayne, Wife, aged 35. Her place of birth is Co. Mayo.
Married for 10 years - 5 children:
- Luke, Scholar, aged 9.
- Mary, Scholar, aged 7.
- Patrick, aged 5.
- John, aged 3.
- David, aged 1.
Family trees for the Roger Ronayne branch can be found at:
- The Hanly and Tom Ronayne Jr. family trees on Ancestry.com (Payment required)
- UPDATE: Jeanette O'Dell has a substantial tree for Roger Ronayne at familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/o/d/e/Jeanette-L-Odell/index.html. No dates but a lot of names. However, it may not be entirely accurate because, it shows a family for James, son of Roger, and he was a priest! I think the James/Margaret Egan family is in the wrong generation and that he was a grandson of Roger (son of John).
- Some other people have researched this branch and, if I get their permission, I will add contact details here but,
the following is what I can construct from my notes and the information in the sources cited. This does not include Jeanette O'Dell's information which I only found recently.
Sources: HR: Harry Ronayne, FS: FamilySearch.org, SH: Stephen Hall, NF: Niamh Flanagan, C11: Census 1911.
- Roger Ronayne b. 1802 + Catherine Riley B. 1806 d. 1888 i. Addergoole cemetery m. 1830 est.
- John Ronayne b. 1831 d. 30/7/1925 (Kinnakinelly) i. Addergoole Cemetery + Mary Dooley (Bunduff) HR
- Roger Joseph Ronayne 8/2/1872 + Ellen O'Donnell (Drymills) HR, m. 1895 Philadelphia FS
- Martin b. Nov 1901 d. 8/7/1902 Philadelphia FS
- Michael Joseph Ronayne 10/2/1874
- Mary Ronayne b. 1875 d. 30/6/1929 + John Joyce b. 1874 d. 20/1/1948 m. 1898 SH, C11
- Kathleen b. 1900 d. 12/12/1990 (England)
- Sabina Mary "Ina" Joyce b. 1901 d. 1930 (C.1911 age = 12) + James Conway b. 1897 SH
- Mary Alice Conway + Eugene Joseph Glynn b. 22/12/1906 d. 30/3/1999 SH
- John Joseph Glynn + ? Bishman SH
- ? Glynn SH
- ? Glynn SH
- ? Glynn SH
- ? Glynn + ? Wright SH
- ? Glynn SH
- Bartholomew Francis b. 1910 d. 18/3/1946 (C.1911 age = 2)
- Thomas Joseph b. 1902 d. 28/2/1986 (Garryduff)
- John Michael b. 1903 d. 22/3/1986 (Brandraduff)
- Michael b. 1911 d. 8/8/1976
- Catherine Ronayne 19/5/1877
- Thomas Ronayne 12/8/1879
- Michael Ronayne b. 1837 (Kinnakinelly) + Winifred Ralph (b. 1836 NF, b. 1841 at Lurgan, Brickens FS) m. 1862 est.
- Winifred b. 23/7/1865
- James b. 15/1/1867 (Ballindine)
- Michael b. 1/8/1868 (Lurgan, Ballyhaunis) d. 25/12/1950
- John Charles b. 1/8/1876 (Ballindine) d. 1967 (Washington DC) i. Mount Olivet Cemetery + Anastasia Carr
- Bridget b. 20/11/1871
- Ellen b. 26/5/1873
- Eliza b. 2/1/1875
- Katherine b. 1878 (Ballindine) + Michael Flanagan NF
- Michael J Flanagan + Delia Foudy NF
- Thomas b. 1880 (Ballindine)
- Thomas Ronayne b. 1845 d. Apr 1909
- ? Ronayne b 1847
- James Ronayne d. 17 Jun 1906
Note: FamilySearch shows Mary Ronayne, daughter of Rodger Ronayne, married Patrick Cunningham in Milltown on 4/2/1864
Possible children - Patrick b. 8/2/1868, Maryanne b. 11/1/1870, Catherine b. 26/5/1872, Julia b. 27/10/1874, Sarah b. 22/9/1876, Roger b. 21/9/1878
The families shown in the Census for both 1901 and 1911 are the same and marriage records show that Luke's father was Michael. In addition to the
children listed in the 1901 Census, there are three other children, Patrick, Martin, and Mary, listed on FamilySearch.org.
Assuming that Luke's father is the same Michael listed in the Griffith's Valuation, a basic tree would be as follows:
- Michael Ronan + ??
- Luke Ronayne b. 1841 + Catherine Reilly b. 1841-1846, m. 3/1/1864
- Michael b. 2/9/1866 (Dunmore) + Catherine ? b. 1876-1880
- Luke b. 1902.
- Mary b. 1904.
- Patrick b. 1906
- John b. 1908
- David b. 1901.
- Patrick b. 21/11/1868 (Dunmore)
- Martin b. 18/10/1872 (Dunmore)
- Mary b. 2/7/1875 (Kinnakinelly)
- Catherine b. 12/9/1877 (Kinnakinelly)
UPDATE: According to Fr. James Ronayne, Luke (1841) was a brother of Pat in Burrish. A more complete version of Luke's tree has been added to the online tree for the Burrish Ronaynes. Email mikeogrady 'at' aquilatechnology.com for access details.
Back to map