Back to map
Townland of Burrish (aka Burris)
- Parish: Kilvine
- Barony: Clanmorris
- Electoral Division: Kilvine
- Poor Law Union: Claremorris
Griffith's Valuation (1856)
Bridget Culliny was a tenant of Andrew Lighton - 2. Land and house (13a 3r 21p). She married Pat Ronayne who was the head of household in the 1901 Census, below.
Pat Ronayne, Farmer, aged 68. His place of birth is Co. Galway.
Widower - 2 children:
- John, Farmer's Son, aged 35.
- Pat, Farmer's Son, aged 37.
Wife: Julia, aged 40 - 4 children:
- Michael, Scholar, aged 8.
- James, Scholar, aged 5.
- Mary, aged 2.
- Magie, aged 1yr 4 mths. Migration Records #1, #2
John Ronayne, Agricultural Labourer, aged 50, Single.
Patrick Ronayne, Farmer, aged 55.
Julia Ronayne, Wife, aged 58.
Married for 20 years - 7 children:
- Michael, Farmer's Son, aged 19.
- James, Scholar, aged 15.
- Mary, aged 13.
- Maggie, aged 11. Migration Records #1, #2
- Julia, aged 9.
- Bridget, aged 5.
- Celia, aged 3.
An online family tree for the Burrish Ronaynes is currently under construction.
UPDATE: This also includes a tree for Luke's family (Kinnakinelly) based on new information from Fr. James Ronayne that Luke and Pat were brothers.
Email mikeogrady 'at' aquilatechnology.com for access details.
Back to map
- 01/07/1923 Maggie Ronayne (22), Irishtown, to aunt Mary Culkin, 87 Smart Ave., Flushing LI. Father: Patrick Ronayne, Burrish, Irishtown. (BOSTON)
26/08/1929 Margaret Ronayne (28), Burrish, to home, 2124 Eight Ave., NYC. Father: Patrick Ronayne, Burrish, Irishtown.